Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Lesson in Photography...

I had the pleasure of attending a photography class hosted by two amazing photographers recently, with one of them being one of my favorite photographers. The whole point of the class was to learn about technique, get comfy with your camera (getting out of auto) and getting to know the rules and that it is OKAY to BREAK them!

I had a blast listening to both of these amazing photographers instruct on key points and with a focus on aperture, something I crave (but tend to be inhibited by the abilities of my camera and the forever auto mode that tends to exist in a point n shoot), I was in Heaven. One of the main things I learned however, is the need to get your subject close to the camera, and distance both you and the subject from the background, to get those ever so blurry pictures, luckily when all else fails...photoshop!!!


When the class was finished we were tempted with the upcoming classes they will be offerring and given a homework assignment. Go home and USE what you learned.


So this evening, as we set out on an adventure around the neighborhood with -N- on his new bike, I grabbed the camera and off we went.


I was only asked for 5 photos, but this last one catches my eye each time I see it, so I thought I'd share it too.


He loves his new bike and had so much fun "showing" me how HE goes for a bike ride, since Dad was with him on his maiden voyage.

2 comments:

Mrs. KIR said...

Love the last one! You are amazing!!

Leslie said...

Great pics! I love the last one too!