Thursday, May 7, 2009

Strawberry Fields Forever

So my all time favorite fruit has got to be Strawberries! I love a sweet, juicy, ripe strawberry, as a matter of fact I am salivating just thinking about them.
Well I stumbled onto the location of a "pick your own" strawberry patch. So I loaded up the kids and invited my grandmother to come along and off we went to the strawberry patch.

-N- had so much fun picking strawberries, and as you can see -A- loves him some strawberries too.

I spent quite a bit of time keeping him from putting them in his mouth but that little one is just too quick for me, and forget taking it away once the damage is done, this was the outcome of that particular decision.


Definitely a memory in the making, one we may just have to turn into a tradition. We left the fields with hopes of Jellies, Jams, pies and just biting into a fresh strawberry. However the hopes were a little lofty, as 8lbs of strawberries made a delicious fresh strawberry pie, and we indulged in some fresh picked strawberries and that was about it. So next time we will have to be sure to pick MORE, lots more!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great day! Peach season's coming! I know you don't like em' but maybe we can take the kids together?