I have a mild obsession. For years now, I have spent time collecting different versions of the age old tale about the Gingerbread Man {I may or MAY not have too many versions to count}. When -N- began school this year I quickly signed up to be the room mom for the Christmas Party.
As a teacher I made Gingerbread houses each year with the children in my classroom, at our annual Gingerbread Workshop. Once -N- was born I became a Stay at Home Mom and have continued the tradition with my Moms group hosting a Gingerbread workshop at our house.
So it was only natural to bring the joy of the Gingerbread Man to my oldest's classroom. Each year, I enlist hubby and his amazing gingerbread house assembly skills, to make a ton of minitaure sized gingerbread houses made out of graham crackers and royal icing. This year was a little trickier because it wasn't my classroom and the houses weren't staying at home, so the day before I went in and let the kids help assemble their gingerbread houses so we could decorate them the next day during the party.
It was a HUGE hit and the kids had a blast, expecially enjoying the yummy goodness as they decorated.


No comments:
Post a Comment