
So today we took a trip to a local fire station and went on a tour. The boys' Uncle is a volunteer fireman in Illinois, so I thought it would be fun to take the boys to see what Uncle Mark does in his free time. So off we went with the MTM Playgroup.
The firefighters were amazing and spent so much time with all of the kids teaching them to stay low and crawl out of the house if there is a fire. Then they showed them around the station and let them look at all the equipment they use.

Firefighter Quick, took his time in putting on his gear to let the kiddos know that he is there to help. They saw him all decked out and even listened to the sounds he makes when he comes in to save people, so they wouldn't be afraid.
Here is Lieutenant Jason Quick:

and here is the ladder on the fire Truck, it climbed 12 stories high!!!

-N- was having a shy day, but let me tell you, he had no problem coming out of it once the guided part of the day was over, it took everything I had to pry him away from the Fire truck and Ambulance.




and for those who are wondering, yes -A- and I were there!!
Look...I have proof! (that's -A- all bundled up)

Thank you Lieutenant Quick and all the Fire Fighters over at Station 2 and a few from Station 1 too! You inspired quite a few future fire fighters today and made my boys' Uncle back in Illinois proud!
We love you Uncle Mark!
**A Special Thank you to Rhonda over at snapshotsonlocation.com for the beautiful pictures from today's adventure


1 comment:
ahh, so cute! Mark will smile big when he sees this! Little Man also has to be dragged off the trucks when we leave daddy's station! I love the shy pic. of -N-!
Post a Comment