Tuesday, May 4, 2010

34 Weeks & 2 Days...

This little one is doing just wonderfully, kicking and showing the energy that his older brother's have and I cannot believe how soon he will be joining this family. 

We were able to take a look and see how things are going today at my Dr.'s appointment.

Right now he is measuring in somewhere around 5 lbs. 13 oz. and based on norms is about a week ahead of schedule.  Last week we took a look too and it appears he was in the middle of a growth spurt as he was 2 weeks ahead of schedule in size then and has slowed down a bit.

We have been examining the ultrasound pics and he has a full head of hair,


seems to be shaped more like his oldest brother -N-


and we even think he has the chin dimple that his older brother -A- has.  We have been speculating what he will look like but only time will tell. 

The excitement is definitely building for all of us.  -N- keeps asking when we are going to meet -J- and how many days that is going to take.  -A- will point to my belly and say -J-'s name in a way only he can.

I get asked often how -J- is doing today and what he is up to by -N- and -A- enjoys making -J- kick.  He will lay his head on my belly just so -J- will attempt to kick him off.  He thinks it is hilarious and every once in a while he tries to hit back, leaving me stuck in the middle!

I am doing well and this has by far been the easiest of the three pregnancies, hope I can say the same about delivery.  My belly is getting big and the magic number is 37 weeks which is May 23rd, then he is free to join us anytime after that.  Once we hit that magic number, the sooner the better in my opinion. I have had a feeling for the past couple of weeks that May 25th or 26th will be his birth date, but only time will tell.  I am scheduled for induction on June 9th so he will be here soon enough, either way.

No comments: